1. Do you know the two (2) major categories that all business
letters fall into?
2. Can you name the five (5) most commonly written
3. Do you know what are the five (3) most commonly
used business letter formats?
4. Can you name the twelve (10) key parts of the
standard business letter?
5. Do you know the major difference between basic block
format and square block format for a business letter?
6. Are you aware of the proper format for a continuation
page when a business letter exceeds one page?
7. Can you list the nine (9) critical formatting guidelines
for writing an effective business letter?
8. Do you know at least six (6) ways to squeeze 95% of a
business letter onto one page?
9. Do you know the main differences between a business
letter and a business memorandum?
10. Can you name eight (8) must-do strategies for writing
an effective business letter?
11. Are you aware of the major differences between a
real-life template and a fill-in-the blanks template?
12. Are you aware of the most common redundant words
and phrases that sabotage business letters, and how
to eliminate them?
13. Can you list ten (10) transition words and phrases that will improve the effectiveness of your business letters?
14. Do you know the difference between a reference letter,
a recommendation letter, and an employee letter?
15. Do you know how to format and write the agenda and minutes for a meeting?
What's Your Business Letter Knowledge Level?
If you answered "yes" to 12 or more questions, you're an expert on business letters.
If you answered "yes" to between 9 and 11 questions, you have a fair to good general knowledge of business letters, but could use some additional information.
If you answered "yes" to 8 or fewer questions, and you ever have to write business letters, you are in serious need of help with your business letter writing.
If you want access to all of the above business letter writing information, plus over 149 real-life business letter templates and forms that you can download straight into your word processor and work with as your own, you need to consider Instant Business Letter Kit.